Quote:

“It is in the home that we form our attitudes, our deeply held beliefs. It is in the home that hope is fostered or destroyed. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”
~Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, October 22, 2011

This week we talked about love, dating, and the ways in which we can have successful relationships. It was really nice to understand my own expectations better as I read the material and also as we talked in class. I really liked the thought that someone expressed concerning dating, they said that during dating we practice being a subset, and that when we get married this practice will help us transition better. Throughout the class their were many who expressed their gratitude for the wisdom of Church standards on dating. I would just like to express my gratitude for these standards as well. I know that the Lord loves us, that He wants to protect us from unnecessary hardship and suffering, and that He wants to bless us with joys that we could never imagine. I know that as we uphold the standards of the Church, and encourage others to do the same, that the Lord will be with us and help us in our righteous desires. Dating is a great opportunity to get to know others, as well as ourselves. Let us make the most out of this time in our lives, and not forget that it is important to continue getting to know each other after we are married.

No comments:

Post a Comment